Beneficial to Restore Health in Nature * Safe for Humans, Animals and the Planet
Micro Heroes Mix – (BOKASHI) $25 for 2kg – use with Bokashi Bucket Composting Kit.
Micro Heroes Mix is a natural compost starter that turns your food waste into a goldmine of organic nutrient rich soil in only 2- 4 weeks. There are NO foul smells, flies, toxic gasses or animal attraction. Read More
You can even compost vegetables, fruits, bones, meat, and fish. This natural anaerobic process allows beneficial microbes to thrive while breaking down waste by fermentation, compared to conventional composting that breaks down by rotting and decay. Life is restored back into our sick starving soils by revitalizing soil, improving water and nutrient penetration, and bigger growth and yields in your plants. Cultivate the power of these “Micro Heroes” to create a healthy earth!
Ingredients: Wheat bran, molasses, EM ceramic powder, and water.
Uses: Composting for Household or Large scale use * Compost Pet Waste * Pet / Livestock Feed Probiotic Additive * Dog Runs * Portable & Waterless Compost Toilets * Soil Enrichment * Odour Control * Pest and Fly Control * Leaf and Plant Waste * Mulch Decomposition * Potting Soils * Garden and Agriculture Regeneration
BOKASHI BUCKET – $59 EACH OR 2 BUCKETS FOR $99
This Composting Bucket is anaerobic to use with Micro Heroes Mix to break down food waste by fermentation instead of rotting and decay in only 2-4 weeks! Read More
There are NO foul smells, flies, toxic gasses or animal attraction. You can even compost vegetables, fruits, bones, meat, and fish. This natural anaerobic process allows beneficial microbes to thrive while breaking down waste by fermentation, compared to conventional composting that breaks down by rotting and decay. Life is restored back into our sick starving soils by revitalizing soil, improving water and nutrient penetration, and bigger growth and yields in your plants. Cultivate the power of these “Micro Heroes” to create a healthy earth! Contains: 1.5 L Bucket; spigot; drain tray; air tight lid
MICRO HEROES PROBIOTIC – 500 ml- $20 – 1L $35 – 1 Gallon(4L) $99
Beneficial to Restore Health in Nature * Safe for Humans, Animals and the Planet
This Micro Heroes Probiotic liquid is beneficial is probiotic, eco-friendly and health enhancing that is naturally found in nature since ancient times. Read More
It contains about 80 different beneficial microorganisms that are known to work together to provide many benefits for soil, plants and environment. Some of these are similar to bread, yogurt, cheese, wine, etc. with four major groups: Lactobacillus, photosynthetic bacteria, actinomycetes and yeasts. Together, they produce various bio activators such as vitamins, enzymes, hormones and natural antibiotics that emit constant beneficial energy for life on earth to thrive. It is successfully used for soil improvement, live stock raising, water purification, odour control and food composting in over 130 countries for over past 40 years.
Uses of Micro Heroes Probiotic:
- Agriculture – Increases yield, quality and fertility of soil and reduces methane production and also enhance farm slurry treatment.
- Aquaculture & Fish Keeping – Improving water quality & fish health
- Aquatic Ecosystems – Bioremediation of lakes & ponds for silt reduction & pollution control
- Biobeds – To increase their efficiency
- Composting – To improve composting efficiency and toxicity
- Equestrian – To boost horse’s health and for odour control
- Horticulture – To increases soil fertility, quality and disease suppression
- Hydroponics – Increases efficiency of nutrient uptake
- Livestock & Poultry & Game & Pets – Use as a probiotic and for odour control
- Reed Beds – To increase their efficiency
- Cleaning Household & Industrial Use – Washrooms & kitchen cleaner, floral water vase water, washing vegetables, etc.
- Lactic Acid Bacteria – Lactic acid bacteria is, taxonomically, a generic term for bacteria that convert large amounts of sugars into lactic acid through lactic acid fermentation. Read More
It also inhibits the growth of pathogenic microorganisms and other various microorganisms by lowering the pH. Lactic acid bacteria are widely known in the production of fermented foods such as cheese and yogurt that can be naturally preserved for a long period of time. Ever since Louis Pasteur discovered lactic acid bacteria in 1857, it has been noted for its beneficial effects on health and longevity. Recent research indicates that besides regulating the intestines, lactic acid bacteria also are known for lowering cholesterol.
- Yeast – Known as a fermentation starter, yeast is a microorganism necessary for the brewing of alcohol and the making of bread. Read More
Yeast was discovered by the Dutch merchant Antony Van Leeuwenhoek (1632-1723), who first discovered the world of microorganisms. It is a small group of microorganisms, yet it is essential for human life. Yeast live in sugar-rich environments such as in nectar and the surface of fruits.
- Phototrophic Bacteria – (Also known as photosynthetic bacteria) are an ancient type of bacteria in existence from before the Earth had its present concentration of oxygen. Read More
As its name indicates, these bacteria utilize solar energy to metabolize organic and inorganic substances. Phototrophic bacteria exist in rice fields and lakes, and everywhere on Earth. It decomposes organic materials well, therefore useful in wastewater treatment. Research reports show its effectiveness in applied use in agriculture, aquaculture, and animal husbandry and its ability to decompose. Phototrophic bacteria play a major role in nitrogen cycling and carbon cycling.
How does Probiotic EM work?
Micro Heroes Probiotic increases beneficial soil microbes by suppressing the harmful pathogens microbes by accelerating the decomposition of organic wastes and increases the availability of mineral nutrients. Read More
This enhances the activities of beneficial micro-organisms to eliminate the need for chemical fertilizers and pesticides.This is Mother Nature’s way to regenerate, balance, ecological harmony working as a natural antibiotic, anti fungal, herbicide and insecticide creating a foundation that is beneficial to all life on earth to thrive.
Micro Heroes Composting (Bokashi):
- Cut up food scraps into one inch pieces – bigger pieces and bones may take a little longer to break down.
- Start with one bucket and sprinkle about a small handful (1-2 tbsp) of bokashi mix at the bottom of the bucket.
- Add food waste and every 2 inches of food waste, sprinkle bokashi mix to cover all food waste (about a small handful).
- Compress the food scraps with a compressor, plate or potato masher to get any air out, then, cover the bucket with the lid for an air-tight bucket.
- Use the liquid drained from the bucket spigot spout to water your plants as a fertilizer, or deodorize your drains or toilets. Mix 10 parts water to 1 part drained liquid before using as a plant fertilizer.
- When bucket is full, leave it out of sunlight to ferment for one week (can leave for longer). This allows the bokashi to ferment food (microbes do their work) scraps the in the bucket.
- Bury contents of bucket in the garden. Mix contents with some soil before adding 6 inches of soil to cover contents. In 2 weeks, the soil is ready for planting.
Note: The fermented food still look like food scraps. Read More
After 2 weeks, the buried contents will be approximately 90% broken down depending on how what you composted – bigger chunks and bones may take longer. There may be some white mould – that is good – when there is black mould that is not good – you will tell by the smell. There is no foul smell except a sweet and sour pickle smell. It is good to start with 2 buckets – one to bokashi compost daily, and another to leave to ferment. The buckets needs to allow drainage of liquid by the spout and must have an airtight lid. Drain liquid every 3-4 days accordingly. Too much liquid can lead to contents going bad. If you happen to have a bad batch, you may be able to rectify it by burying the contents and adding extra bokashi mix with the contents before covering contents with soil.
What to do in winter when ground is frozen?
Bokashi takes extreme temperatures. When it is freezing, the effective microorganisms go dormant, and wake up when the temperature rises.
Choices: (note: animals will not get into your bokashi fermenting compost and it will not have foul smells or flies!)
- You can leave the contents in buckets for months or extended period-no problem.
- You can dump contents into a pile in garden, or add to above ground compost, and cover it with a tarp. When the weather is warmer, leave it covered for 4-6 weeks and you will get organic rich fertilizer!
- You can layer contents into a garbage can, flower box or any container. Read More
You may do this indoors or outdoors. Start with placing soil at bottom of container, layering contents, and topping contents with soil. When weather is warmer, leave it covered, or uncovered for 4-6 weeks and you will get organic rich soil!Help create a healthy earth!